Client Preparation (Exterior)
Available 5-Year Warranties are provided for every painting, siding, and gutter project!
Multiple seamless services guaranteed by one licensed contractor!
Client Preparations (Exterior)
(This page addresses how to plan and prepare before our arrival. It will answer the most frequently asked questions clients have regarding what to consider before starting the project).
- We will likely bring a small trailer containing tools. In most cases, trailers remain parked for the duration of the project. Typically, we either park on the street or in a driveway. On the first day, please clear vehicles from the driveway for the crew to unload as needed.
- Keep all motor vehicles safe from the work area to avoid any potential accidents from paint overspray, falling ladders, or debris.
- Clearing pets from the work area is vital to the safety of both the animal and workers. If there is a gate, please note that workers will have to open the gate for short periods and are not responsible for keeping animals within proximity.
General/ Repairs: For all exterior home repairs, remember to remove any pictures or fragile items from interior walls where the repair will take place.
Painting: Usually, on the last day to paint them, painters require windows and doors opened. If there is any chance of conflict in scheduling, let the team leader know, and we will try to work around your schedule.
Pressure Washing: We highly advise that someone is home or allow us access to the inside to prevent damage to hardwood floors or carpets caused by leaky weather stripping around doors and cracked windows.
Completion: Upon completion, a final walkthrough with a team leader is recommended. Please try to meet the team leader for a final walkthrough to ensure your satisfaction before the teams’ departure.
We will not leave your home unattended. However, we also cannot stay late. Therefore, appropriate scheduling and accommodations are critical.
- Having a yard clear of pet feces is much appreciated.
- Make sure water sprinklers and alarms are shut off well before we arrive every morning.
- There will be heavy foot traffic and ladder placement on most exterior projects.
Painting: If you have plants or shrubs close to or touching the house, the general rule for space is two feet from the house, if possible. Therefore, trees and shrubs may need cutting back for accessibility.
Pressure Washing: For most exterior painting projects, we power wash before the paint crew arrives. In some cases, plants will need to be covered. Covering is especially critical for small flowers.
Sometimes, there are water spots on windows facing the sunny side after pressure washing. If this occurs, it will require an additional window cleaning service to remove the water spots.
General/ Repairs: Planters, outside furniture, grills, and yard equipment will have to be repositioned, usually near the edge of the yard.