Popcorn Ceiling Removal & Refinishing Raleigh NC
Available 5-Year Warranties are provided for every painting, siding, and gutter project!
Multiple seamless services guaranteed by one licensed contractor!
Popcorn Ceiling Removal & Refinishing Raleigh, NC
Popcorn ceilings were the rage, several years ago. Now, popcorn ceiling removal is more prevalent. But if you want to refinish those old popcorn ceilings, prior to removal, you need to make sure the ceilings are free from asbestos. Asbestos was widely banned in 1977. So, thankfully homes built in the ’80s and above, likely do not contain this harmful mineral mixture.
Today, smooth ceilings are desired and for good reason. Smooth finished ceilings better reflect the natural light present in spaces and give the impression of a high and airy feel.
Removing popcorn ceilings can be a messy process. Our professional team minimizes disturbance through proper preparation and the use of proper scrappers and tools. Proper texture scrappers also reduce the time and labor costs associated with patching or removing textured ceilings.
How to Remove Popcorn Ceilings
We offer the ability to work in one room at a time, enabling you access to other surrounding areas during the removal process. We also cover all walls and flooring, which will reduce the potential of damaging or staining. We primarily use water to remove the ceiling texture. So, other than having a system to remove it cleanly, the removal process is relatively simple.
The real expenses are generated from the tedious refinishing process. Here is a list of steps to refinishing drywall.
- After removal, allow the ceiling to dry.
- Sand the ceilings with a pole or power sander.
- Refasten loose drywall using drywall screws.
- Retape damaged seams with paper drywall tape and use fiberglass tape for problematic areas for added strength.
- All recessed nail holes and tape joints are refloated, requiring two drywall mud applications with a drywall tape knife.
- The finish and rough sanding make for a workout.
- Apply the first coat of primer.
- Use a light to look for any missed drywall repairs.
- Apply the final top-coats of paint.
Our clean-up is efficient, and the result is beautiful new ceilings.
Textured Ceiling Repairs and Patches
Textured ceilings do an excellent job of hiding imperfections in drywall and help to dampen noise. But subjectively, a textured ceiling is not the most appealing, especially if there are damaged or water-stained areas. If you don’t want to replace it, we can patch and paint just about any damaged drywall.
Let us show you how it’s done! Call the professional at 919-426-4928, A Touch of Color will take care of it for you!